Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: UltraEdit and Friedrich Huebler's scripts

From   "Ari Friedman" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: UltraEdit and Friedrich Huebler's scripts
Date   Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:02:16 -0400

Amusingly, having just worked Stata integration out for SciTE, I've switched
to UltraEdit.
There are instructions on the BC text editor integration page for Ultra Edit
(, but I
wanted to be able to run just a few lines at a time as well.  So back to
Friedrich's scripts
which work quite well after setting UltraEdit to run them properly.
The instructions are the same as for the BC page, but my setting it to
"Options/Windows Program" at first failed, with UE saying it could not write
to the file.

Settings that worked for me (all in the "Advanced/Tool Configuration"
-In the Options tab, Program Type should be "DOS Program" .
-In the Output tab, turn off the "Capture Output" checkbox.

Hope this helps someone.