Re: st: debugging program

From   "Anders Alexandersson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: debugging program
Date   Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:32:50 -0400

Dirk Nachbar <[email protected]> wrote:
 I have inherited some programs which are called from one main program. When
the main program executes the other programs Stata complains about a
non-closed bracket. I found the line where this is supposed to be with
"trace on". However there are no unclosed brackets. Are there any other
options to trace open brackets??
It's your word against Stata :-) Use a good text editor, see
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html. Stata's own
Do-file Editor might do the task if the file is small, see your
Getting Started manual, chapter 14.

Anders Alexandersson