st: Test for missingness type

From   m�hlmann <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Test for missingness type
Date   Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:41:12 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

please apologize that my question is not directly related to Stata, but maybe someone can show me the right way!

I have a dataset with one variable (x) partially missing. I want to test if the missingness mechanisms is nonignorable (data is MNAR), ie if P(r=1|x,z) does depend on x, where r is the binary missingness indicator and z are completely observed covariates.

How can I do this? As I understand, multiple imputation requires the data to be MAR, so I cannot use -ice- to test for the type of missingness. Am I right?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Best wishes,
Thomas

*