Statalist The Stata Listserver

[no subject]

There is a variable called hserial, which is the household serial
number.  There is no variable for postal code.  It doesn't seem that
every postal code contributed subjects, only a sample (720?) of them.
But if each household has an equal prob of selection, what are the
implications of that?  Does it become a survey with household as psu?
Is the Health Authority the stratum?

I'm awaiting input from "ESDS Government," the keepers of the survey
data, but I thought there might be some folks on the List who are
experienced with this survey.

Christopher W. Ryan, MD
and Wilson Family Practice Residency, Johnson City, NY
GnuPG and PGP public keys available at

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]