Re: st: linear spline and interaction

From   "stata_user stata_user" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: linear spline and interaction
Date   Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:03:49 +0100

Thanks Marteen,

I was expecting a increase relationship between z and y, for both categories of the dummy variables, I did not correctly interpret my outputs, now by looking carefully to the outputs and producing the plot, I understood how to interpret my outputs

mkspline Z1 a Z2 =Z
xi: reg Y i.D*Z1 i.D*Z2

Y Coef.

Dummy -1,80
Z1 0,07
Z1*Dummy 0,02
Dummy (dropped)
Z2 0,33
Z2*Dummy -0,07
_cons 1,43

the parameter of Z1 is the change in Y for dummy =0 for Z < a (cut point)
the parameter of Z2 is the change in Y for dummy =0 for Z >= a (cut point)

the combination Z2+Z2*Dummy is for Dummu=1

Sami