Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: logit with sample selection

From   Nishant Dass <>
To   STATA Help <>
Subject   st: logit with sample selection
Date   Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:10:54 -0700 (PDT)

Dear list-members,

I would like to estimate a logit model with sample
selection but since there's only -heckprob- available in
Stata, I was wondering whether it would be incorrect to do
the following instead:

1. Estimate the selection equation using -logit-.
2. Calculate the inverse Mills' ratio (IMR).
3. Use the IMR from above as a regressor in a second-stage
logit model.

If this is a correct approach, my next question is:
How can one calculate the IMR after a logit model?  (I have
checked the Stata listserver archives but didn't find
anything related.)

Any help regarding the above would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Do You Yahoo!?