Re: st: power calculation for clinical trials

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: power calculation for clinical trials
Date   Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:01:43 -0700

Hello Monika,
The basic stata module for trials is:
        sampsi
Run a search within Stata:
        search sample size

I hope this is helpful!
Michael

At 08:42 AM 9/23/2006, you wrote:
Dear All,

This is a more general statistical problem. I'd like to perform power calculations for clinical trials in the field of sleeping sickness for my diploma thesis (deadline next Friday!). As I never did such an analysis before I'm looking for someone who could give some hints on what kind of assumptions I have to make beforehand etc and how such an analysis could be performed with stata 8. I'd offer some Swiss chocolates in return. If anyone feels tempted please contact me on [email protected].
I hope this is not too inappropriate to post this here. If so, please accept my apology.
Thank you

Monika

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Best wishes,
Michael

Michael McCulloch
Pine Street Clinic
124 Pine Street, San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
tel     415.407.1357
fax     415.485.1065
email:  [email protected]
web:    www.pinest.org