Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: summarizing several analyses in one graph

From   Michael McCulloch <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: summarizing several analyses in one graph
Date   Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:07:18 -0700

I have a dataset that summarizes the results of several different analyses of the same set of study results.

variable name contains
es (effect size)
lci (lower bound of confidence interval)
uci (upper bound of confidence interval)
method (method of analysis: Cox, MSM, Pscore)

I wish to display them in the following format:
Each method of analysis as a capped horizontal line as wide as the confidence interval, with effect size as a circle.
The y-axis labeled with the name of the method, e.g. Cox .

* define labels for method
label define analysis_type 1 Cox 2 MSM 3 Pscore
lab val method analysis_type
lab var method "Method of analysis"

* list data
list method es lci uci
| method es lci uci |
1. | Cox .89 .86 .99 |
2. | MSM 1.2 .95 1.5 |
3. | Pscore .31 .22 .51 |

* run graph
twoway rcap lci uci method, horizontal xtitle(Hazard Ratio and 95% Confidence Interval) ytitle(Analysis Method)

I would be most grateful for any suggestions you may have.

Best wishes,

Michael McCulloch
Pine Street Clinic
124 Pine Street, San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
tel 415.407.1357
fax 415.485.1065

* For searches and help try: