Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: RE: RE: interaction between two continuous variables

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: interaction between two continuous variables
Date   Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:36:37 +0100 (BST)

---Sami asked:

--- Jason Yackee <> wrote:
> the question doesn't seem to have a lot to do with Stata

The Statalist FAQ states that: "The appropriate subjects for discussion
on Statalist are: Stata, and statistics". So this post seems
appropriate te me, in particular since the questions is about
interpreting output from Stata .

> there is a very good and clear discussion of how to interpret
> multiplicative interaction effects (in the context of the political
> science literature) in a recent article by Bill Clark et al,
> available at
Addiationally Richard Williams has several nice lectures on this
subject which are availabel on:

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081