Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: interaction between two continuous variables

From   "stata_user stata_user" <>
Subject   st: interaction between two continuous variables
Date   Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:58:43 +0100

I have the following model y continuous , x1 x2 continuous

I do a regression with

reg y cx1 cx2 cx1*cx2

cx1= x1 -mean (x1)
cx2= x2 -mean (x2)

both the paramters of cx1 and cx2 are signficants , which mean that the slope of x2 is signficant for x1=mean (x1)

the paramter of cx1*cx2 is also signficant

How to interpret the parameter of cx1*cx2 ?

My first interpretation is that there are at least two values of x1 , where the slopes of x2 are not parallels

but how to know, that the slope of x2 for a given value of x1=a is signficant?

like using a lincom command

Any comments, please

* For searches and help try: