Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: -sumdist-, -svylorenz- updated on SSC

From   "Stephen P. Jenkins" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: -sumdist-, -svylorenz- updated on SSC
Date   Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:16:22 +0100

Thanks to Kit Baum, my programs for estimating quantile group shares
of a total, Lorenz ordinates (cumulative shares), and generalized
Lorenz ordinates have been updated on SSC.

-sumdist- provides compact tabular summaries of these statistics. It
has been updated to version 8.2 (formerly version 5), and now produces
many saved results in r(...).

-svylorenz- produces distribution-free variance estimates (as well as
point estimates) using linearization methods. Already on SSC, this
version 9 program has been extended to estimate generalized Lorenz
ordinates and their sampling variances.

Use -ssc install _program-name_- or -adoupdate _program-name_ , ssc
update- to get the latest versions from SSC

The programs were illustrated in my presentation at the recent UK
Stata User Group meeting; pdf file downloadable shortly from or

Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <>
Institute for Social and Economic Research
University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, U.K.
Tel: +44 1206 873374.  Fax: +44 1206 873151.
Survival Analysis using Stata: