Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Re: how to access a matrix in a plugin

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: how to access a matrix in a plugin
Date   Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:07:09 -0400

sacrificial lamb

Don't. If you're using version 9.2, why not do this in Mata? C plugins are cumbersome and platform-specific. The speed penalty of Mata over C code is not likely to be very large on any decently fast machine.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics