st: Formatting tables for LaTeX from STATA-advanced options

From   Tiffany Green <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Formatting tables for LaTeX from STATA-advanced options
Date   Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:51:18 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to format some tables from STATA to LaTeX.
 I am already familiar with sutex and latabstat, but
am having trouble adapting them to my needs.  I would
like to report summary statistics on the basis of
ethnicity for my waves 1, 2 and 3 of my panel data.
Just working with wave 1, I have a table with 5 rows
and four columns.  My table is spilling off of the
page, and the longtable option does not seem to work
with the latabstat command.  In addition, the
latabstat command doesn't seem to allow for the
labeling over variables. However, I cannot use the
sutex command for this, given that I would like to
report the statistics (mean, sd) side by side:
(for example)
              black     white    hispanic
age
work
educ
married
health

Does anyone have any tips on how I might be able to
create a table as described above?
Thanks!

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
-Albert Einstein