Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Save results as a data file

From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Save results as a data file
Date   Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:53:12 +0200

Shihe Fan wrote:
As a new user, could any one show me how to save the results as a data
file so that I can reuse it.
Say, I have  a variable (x) with many levels in a file. I want to get
the total count of each level in a file. ... I want it in a file like:

1 5
2 10
Try this:
sysuse auto.dta , clear