Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: Save results as a data file

From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Save results as a data file
Date   Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:38:37 +0200

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your question. If I interpret your question correctly,
you actually want to know how many times a certain values occur. That can be
obtained with the following example code:

*---------begin example------
sysuse auto, clear
bys rep78: gen N = _N
bys rep78: keep if _n==1