Re: st: Re: syntax error using summarize command inside a macro

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: syntax error using summarize command inside a macro
Date   Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:08:39 -0500

-set trace on- would reveal this error.  For example:

. sysuse auto,clear
(1978 Automobile Data)

. set tracedepth 1

. set trace on

. local v1 "mpg gear"

.  local samp1 "if fore==0"

.  foreach v of varlist `v1'  {
  2.  sum `v' if `samp1'
  3.  }
- foreach v of varlist `v1' {
= foreach v of varlist mpg gear {
- sum `v' if `samp1'
= sum mpg if if fore==0
if not found
  }
r(111);

Also, in your -sum- statement should it not be -sum `v'- not -sum `v1'-
 ?

Scott