st: RE: aweight option in kdensity

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: aweight option in kdensity
Date   Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:06:55 +0200

The formula is

 f(x) = {1/(h*W} {sigma [wi * K((x - xi)/h)]}

where wi are the weights (inverse of sampling probability
if the weights are sampling weights) and W is the sum of
weights over all observarions and

. kdensity income [aw=MY_W]

will give you the correct estimate.
ben

Also see:

 - http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/k/kdens.pdf.

 - Buskirk and Lohr (2005). Asymptotic properties of kernel
   density estimation with complex survey data. Journal
   of Statistical Planning and Inference 128: 165 - 190.