Re: st: desmat: and svy: together?

Subject   Re: st: desmat: and svy: together?
Date   Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:26:36 -0500

At 04:15 PM 9/12/2006, Ryan Wells wrote:
I would like to use desmat: as a prefix so I can have
contrasts on categorical variables, but also want to
use the svy: prefix with a logit I'm running, because
I need to account for complex survey design.  when I
try to use both prefixes at once (in either order) I
get an error.  can I use two prefixes at once?  if
not, is this possible some other way?
I just tried it with desmat first, and it seemed to work ok:

. webuse nhanes2f, clear

. desmat: svy: logit black female highlead female*highlead

I used the version of desmat from SSC, as it seems to be in several places.

You might show your exact commands, as it might be some combo of options that causes the problem.

If you don't need the new svy features of Stata 9, you might also try the old svylogit command, e.g.

desmat: svylogit black female highlead female*highlead

If really desperate, you could probably do it with my oglm program using the undocumented svy option:

desmat: oglm black female highlead female*highlead, svy

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]