Re: st: -mfx-: can I just keep the interaction variable?

Subject   Re: st: -mfx-: can I just keep the interaction variable?
Date   Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:24:46 -0500

At 07:07 PM 9/10/2006, Scott Cunningham wrote:
I'm assuming that the problem is with the name of the race dummy - it
must not be recognizing "_Irace_2" in the varlist.  Yet I've not seen
anywhere in mfx as to how to call for a dummy variable's marginal
effect.  Is it not the same name that is reported in the raw output?
I just tried something similar without problem. And, when I added a var to mfx that was not legitimate, it gave me a warning message about the variable not being found and went ahead and did the effects.

So, I suspect you are on the wrong track. Are you sure there isn't some intermediate step that could be zapping the estimates? Do you still get the error if you don't include the race term? Perhaps you should give your entire commands so we can better see what is going on. Better yet, see if the problem is replicable using a publicly available data set.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]