Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: d1debug problem

From   "Zurab Sajaia" <>
Subject   st: d1debug problem
Date   Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:28:24 -0400

Dear all,

I've been having a strange problem with using d1debug with ml.

I have "standard" ado file with likelihood and gradient definition, then condition:

if (`todo'==1 | `lnf'==. ) exit;

and at the end, definition of hessian.

Whenever I use d1debug for the ado, it seems to execute with `todo'==2 still and goes to the last part anyways. I was just putting -exit - after the first derivatives part to force the program to stop and ofcorse then it works as it supposed to.

But I decided to ask whether any of you had similar problem and whether it's my error or something else.

* For searches and help try: