Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Autocorrelation in unbalanced panels

From   "Christian Andres" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Autocorrelation in unbalanced panels
Date   Fri, 08 Sep 2006 12:00:51 +0200

Dear all,

I tested for autocorrelation in a panel dataset using xtserial as
described in The
results indicate that the null of no serial correlation can be rejected.
As a consequence, I would like to estimate the model using the option
panels(correlated) in order to get consistent standard errors. However,
it seems like I can only use the option with a balanced panel!
How can I apply it to an unbalanced panel? As far as I understand
Wooldridge, the GLS transformation that eliminates serial correlation in
the errors can be extended to unbalanced panels!?!

Thanks a lot!