Re: st: Label problem - fdasave

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Label problem - fdasave
Date   Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:12:58 -0500

Thanks, Phil.

Fred
At 09:01 AM 9/7/2006, Philip Ryan wrote:
Fred,

I think this curiosity has apeared on the list before. It's easy to reproduce:

. sysuse auto
. label dir
origin

. d foreign

storage display value
variable name type format label variable label
foreign byte %8.0g origin Car type

. label drop origin

. label dir

. d foreign

storage display value
variable name type format label variable label
foreign byte %8.0g origin Car type

to get rid of it:

. label values foreign
. des foreign

storage display value
variable name type format label variable label
foreign byte %8.0g Car type

I don't know if this constitutes a feature or a bug. It sort of reminds me of
being in a restaurant, ordering the fish _on the menu_ and then being told the
kitchen has run out of fish.

Phil

--
Philip Ryan
Associate Professor

Director, Data Management and Analysis Centre
Associate Dean (IT)
Faculty of Health Sciences

University of Adelaide
5005 South Australia
AUSTRALIA
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is
* For searches and help try: