Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: genealogy: how to calculate sibship size

From   Ronnie Babigumira <>
Subject   Re: st: genealogy: how to calculate sibship size
Date   Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:23:34 +0200

You have not given so much information so Im not sure I understand your problem. That said, there is nice FAQ on family data see

It might helpful

BAIJER Jan 212040 wrote:

Hello all,

I'm trying to have Stata calculate the number of sibs for each of the
families in a list that is composed as follows :

From this, I can calculate a unique identifier for the parent couple, by
concatenation of father_id and mother_id.

But, I have no idea how to proceed for this one ...

Jan Bayer, Ph.D.
Route du Panorama BP 6
92265 Fontenay-aux-Roses Cedex

TEL: +33 (0)1 46 54 97 51