st: RE: xtline with labels

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: xtline with labels
Date   Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:18:02 +0100

First off, you need to read up some basics on -encode-
and -decode-.

I know of 50 U.S. states, so I am not clear how you get
10 different graphs with 10 different states on each.
I guess 10 different graphs with 5 states on each.

First, you have to set up your grouping in advance.

Let a variable -group- indicate each subset of states.
Set it up so that the values run from 1 to 10.

A minimal recipe which you will want to complicate is

decode id, generate(ID)

forval i = 1/10 {
	levelsof ID, local(IDS) clean
	xtline sexratio if group == `i', subtitle("`IDS'")
}

Scott Cunningham