Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: xtline with labels

From   Scott Cunningham <>
Subject   st: xtline with labels
Date   Wed, 6 Sep 2006 13:05:47 -0400

I have a small dataset containing the ratios of men to women for blacks and whites at the United States level that varies by age. I want to use -xtline- to create 10 different graphs, with the name of 10 different U.S. states above each graph. The data is tsset as:

. tsset id age

where "id" is a numerical identifier of a United States state and age is the sex ratio for that state at different ages. I've labeled the values of "id" using "label define idlbl # [name]" so that each value has its accompany US State. Is there a way to cause xtline to report the names of each state used to create each independent sex ratio? Because, when I do this:

. xtline sexratio

it reports a number above each graph.

* For searches and help try: