Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: String problem

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <>
Subject   Re: st: String problem
Date   Sun, 3 Sep 2006 16:43:46 -0400

On 9/3/06, Kelvin Foo <> wrote:
Elegance aside, my variable list, if too long, would get truncated
because I assigned the macro revcovs with the "=" sign in the first
line of my above code. Is there anyway to avoid the "=' sign in that
There is a way to get around the character limit for parsing:

local purge "var20"
local covars: list revcovs - purge

It's not very elegant. It seems like you should be able to do something like

local covars: list revcovs - "var20",

but I don't know how to get it to work.