Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Merge Question

Subject   st: Merge Question
Date   Fri, 1 Sep 2006 19:47:41 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to merge two data sets in STATA that are not cooperating.  The
first is stacked in usual econometric form with each row an observation
with the key variables being a year and a country.

I downloaded some data from a World Bank website and it gives me all the
countries but with years as rows and countries as columns.

How do I merge the two data sets?  Thanks for any help answering a
non-technical question.