Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: RE: Choosing between SSC & SJ for ado files

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Choosing between SSC & SJ for ado files
Date   Fri, 1 Sep 2006 01:21:13 +0100

The original question was sharply focused
on SSC and SJ.

But the original intent of -net-, which underlies
all Stata-based internet transfers of software, was
to facilitate downloads from wherever they are.

As Stas indicates, SSC and SJ are far from the only
outlets whereby user-programmers can make their
work more available.

is a list of many such sites, including that of
Stas. Those who like total independence can
still operate and advertise exactly as desired!

Also, anyone could write an analogue of -ssc-
to ease transfers from their site.

Stas Kolenikov