Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Using two weights

Subject   st: Using two weights
Date   Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:56:13 +0100

I have a dataset with data for individual firms from different countries.
I would like to weight the data within countries by firm turnover and
across countries by GDP.  I can do this for the average by first collapsing
the data within countries with the turnover weight then over countries with
the GDP weight. ie -

collapse var gdpweight [aw=turnoverweight],by(country)
collapse var[aw=gdpweight]

However, I also need the weighted variance, and perform some
regressions/logits.  Is there a way to create a single weight variable?

Thanks in advance.