Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: estout droplist does not drop variable name

From   Johannes Geyer <>
Subject   st: estout droplist does not drop variable name
Date   Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:49:55 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I try to use estout for a selection of variables from an estimation with
Stata 9.2 Intercooled. I use the following code:

estout temp using ${FOLDER}file.xls,  cells("b(fmt(%9.8f) drop(X1 X2) )
se( fmt(%9.8f) drop(X1 X2))")

It works fine with the coefficients and standard errors, however the names
of the variables are still in the outputfile - how can I drop these?

Any help would be appreciated,
thank you

Johannes Geyer
Deutsches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW Berlin)
German Institute for Economic Research
Koenigin-Luise-Straße 5
14195 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49-30-89789-258