Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Marginal effects in logit of unbalanced panel, re

From   Rilind Kabashi <>
Subject   st: Marginal effects in logit of unbalanced panel, re
Date   Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:04:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I am new in using Stata, so apologies if the question
seems too elementary.
I am running logit on an unbalanced panel with random
effects. I calculated the coefficients. I am
interested in calculating marginal effects. However,
when I type the mfx command, what I get is a linear
prediction: in the column dy/dx the same coefficients
are returned (as with xtlogit command), and one column
is added with mean variable values.
So, could please someone tell me how to calculate
marginal effects in a logit model of unbalanced panel
with random effects? Is there any command to do this
in Stata, or do I need to do it manually? Or maybe
marginal effects are not possible with an unbalanced
panel random effects logit model?
Thanks very much.

Do You Yahoo!?