Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: ptrend for adjusted ORs

From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: ptrend for adjusted ORs
Date   Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:23:59 +0200

Jennifer wrote:
I am trying to calculate the ptrend for an adjusted OR.
I know that the command ptrend or ptrendi works for my
crude OR, but is there a way to include the other
variables that I am adjusting with.
Try this:
   webuse lbw.dta, clear
   xi: logistic low i.ptl i.race i.smoke
   xi: logistic low ptl i.race i.smoke
The first -logistic- command displays the 4-category
-ptl- as 3 dummy variables. In the second you get a
single OR, and it can be interpreted as a trend test,
adjusted for race and smoke.
Hopes this helps

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6