Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: mlogit, bootstrap, mfx: "no observations"

From   "Guido Heineck" <>
Subject   Re: st: mlogit, bootstrap, mfx: "no observations"
Date   Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:01:48 +0200

> IMHO you don't need to bootstrap the multinomial logit either. I
> cannot really see the use of it.
I am just anticipating the referees' comments?! :-D

> What I would (try to) do in your case is a kind of "sensitivity
> analysis":
> (1) Compare the results from using the self-reported and the corrected
> measures of height and weight
This is what I do anyway.

> (2) Try to change to coefficients from this other paper, and look what
> happens to your results.
I will consider trying that.

Thank you once again for your time and input.

Guido Heineck
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
Department of Economics
Lange Gasse 20