st: mlogit, bootstrap, mfx: "no observations"

From   "Guido Heineck" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mlogit, bootstrap, mfx: "no observations"
Date   Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:21:23 +0200

Dear all,

I have cross-sectional data and run a multinomial logit model for a dependent var with 4 categories (by gender). Following the model, I calculate marginal effects for a subset of covariates.
I have to bootstrap the standard errors and here's where my problem comes in: Without the bootstrap option, everything runs fine. Bootstrapping the s.e. also works fine - without marginal effects. Everything together however generates the following error message:

no observations
r(2000)

Here's the relevant part of my code:

foreach c of local foo {;
mlogit yvar `xvars' `c' if male==0, vce(bootstrap, reps(100) seed(123));
mfx , predict(p outcome(1)) var(`c');
mfx , predict(p outcome(2)) var(`c');
mfx , predict(p outcome(3)) var(`c');
mfx , predict(p outcome(4)) var(`c');
};

Any ideas on what I am missing here? Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Guido

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guido Heineck
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
Department of Economics
Lange Gasse 20
90403 Nuremberg
Germany
fon: +49-(0)911-5302-260
fax: +49-(0)911-5302-178
http://www.lsw.wiso.uni-erlangen.de
http://www.8ung.at/heineck
ENER - European Network
on the Economics of Religion
http://www.ener-online.org

Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft f�r 0,- Euro*. Nur noch kurze Zeit!