st: RE: graphing time series data - can i graph only one point in the distribution?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: graphing time series data - can i graph only one point in the distribution?
Date   Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:10:36 +0100

I don't know what the precise question is here as I am not clear
how you determine the median state (just one?) given rates for state X
year X age X race X sex. But in Stata terms cutting the dataset
down to the minimum required for the graph can often repay
dividends in terms of speed, graph size and logic issues. (Sometimes
even given an -if- condition Stata looks at the rest of the data
to determine various graph properties.)

See for example

SJ-5-2  gr0013  . . . . . . . . . Stata tip 19: A way to leaner, faster graphs
        Q2/05   SJ 5(2):279                                      (no commands)
        tip for using preserve and drop to clean data before
        graphing

(also in "33 Stata Tips")

Scott Cunningham