Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: RE: < and > operand in recode

From   "b. water" <>
To   "Jeph Herrin" <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: < and > operand in recode
Date   Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:53:05 +0000

thanks to nick and jeph for their suggestions.

nick - i wish i have thought about your generate and replace (a simple solution, yet elusive to me!). certainly appreciate your other pointers too.

jeph - thanks for the one-liner irecode. i do not have my [P] with me at the moment but quick check with my [R] i note that this function was not documented or referred to but nevertheless worked in my Stata 8.2 for my problem.

Try - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care about in one place.