From   "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: estout: dodgy output in Excel
Date   Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:42:23 -0400

Easy way (I think)

In Excel --> Format --> Cells --> Number
In 'Category' select Number. In 'Negative numbers'
select (1234.10).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ramani Gunatilaka" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:27 PM
Subject: st: estout: dodgy output in Excel

Terribly sorry, I sent this message earlier but forgot to edit the
subject and it went under another thread. I am fumbling my way around
G-mail, so please bear with me.

Hi all,
I have used estout to tabulate my regression results. I need to get
them into proper tabular form in Times New Roman in Word. Since this
is not possible in Word itself, I opened up the output txt file in
Excel. This process seems to add negative signs on the se's. Here's
what I get: