st: Using weights in GLLAMM

From   Stefan Kuhle <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Using weights in GLLAMM
Date   Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:02:25 -0600

Dear All,

I am working with a large dataset (n=35000) from a nationwide Canadian
survey. I would like to run a 2-level logit model with random slope using
GLLAMM (nesting individuals in their postal code area).

The frequency weights provided with the survey dataset would obviously be my
Level 1 weights. However, I don't quite understand what to use as the level
2 weights in this analysis. GLLAMM's default to set them to 1 doesn't seem
right to me in this case. Instead, I set them to the number of observations
in each postal code area (egen lev2wgt = count(xyz), by(pcarea)) in the
dataset but I'm not sure if this is correct either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stefan