st: panel GMM ivreg2, gmm; is there need of time dummies??

From   Vincenzo Lombardo <[email protected]>
Subject   st: panel GMM ivreg2, gmm; is there need of time dummies??
Date   Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:17:41 +0100

dear statalist,
i have a panel dataset with heteroskedasticity and serial correlation; my basic panel model includes time dummies to catch fixed time effects. then, i have to deal with endogeneity issues, so i employ gmm because it has been shown (Baumm et al.) that is more efficient than the standard IV application for panel (xtivreg). I am using ivreg2 because my model presents random effects more efficient than fixed effect.
My question, Should I have to put time dummies even in the gmm specification?that is, should I replace

xtreg y x t-dummies, re

with

ivreg2 y (x=z) t-dummies, gmm....

or should I cancel out time dummies??

thanks a lot!!!

--
Vincenzo Lombardo
University of Sussex, Dept. of Economics

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/