Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: between overall within squared on xtreg

From   "Steffen H. Gröning" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: between overall within squared on xtreg
Date   Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:54:44 +0200

I have been looking on FAQ and quite every other resource that google
pointed me to. I have gotten so far as to know that when using a fixed
effects model to only interpret the within r squared.
But why is stata giving the other r squares as well and how can i
interpret them?
I haven´t found a clear cut answer to the differences and
interpretations of within between and overall r squared. Maybe someone
could help me out here?

Thank You.