Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Test command with multiple equations

From   "Sandi Lin" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Test command with multiple equations
Date   Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:33:42 -0400

I am trying to use the test command with multiple equations.  I have
obtained linear regression coefficients for three time periods within the
same dataset.  I saved each of the three regression results using "estimates
store" and then using "test [eq1] var1 = [eq2] var2" and other "test"
syntaxes.  However, I always get an error where the equations are not found.
They do show up in "estimates dir".

Is this a problem with how I am using "test"?  Is there some way to name
equations that is different from saving regression estimates?

- Sandi