RE: st: decimal years

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: decimal years
Date   Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:11:32 +0100

I believe all this. My problem was reading Caleb's post literally.

But note that -int()- is dangerous with dates. -int()- rounds
towards zero, and thus does different things
either side of the time origin. This won't bite
you here because your origin, the notional year 0,
is way outside the likely data, but in general -floor()- is better,
especially with Stata's date origin and dates <= 1959.

Austin Nichols