Re: st: Installation problems -- Debian Ubuntu

From   "Anders Alexandersson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Installation problems -- Debian Ubuntu
Date   Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:46:11 -0400

Are the gtk1.2 libraries available in synaptic? If yes, install the
libraries using synaptic. If no, add the "universe" repository; for
one example, see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu. Then install
the gtk1.2 libraries using synaptic. Synaptic will install the
libraries in the right place for you. Then you may want to disable the
"universe" repository to get back to the initial repository setup.

Anders Alexandersson
[email protected]

Deepankar <[email protected]> wrote:

When I talked to Tech Support, they suggested that I download the gtk-1.2
compatible libraries and save them in the proper place in my hard disk.

Do you know where I can find those libraries? And where exactly do I save
them in my computer? I am using Ubuntu 6.06.