RE: st: RE: xtgls, p(h) versus xtreg, re robust cluster()

Subject   RE: st: RE: xtgls, p(h) versus xtreg, re robust cluster()
Date   Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:24:29 +0100

Vincenzo,

I think the point is that xtgls is naturally compared to regress because
it isn't a fixed or random effects estimator.  Thus in the simple
homoskedastic, no autocorrelation case,

webuse abdata
xtgls n w k
regress n w k

xtgls and regress generate the same coefficients and almost identical
SEs.

HTH.

Cheers,
Mark