Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: svy:probit, margeff and lincom problem

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: svy:probit, margeff and lincom problem
Date   Wed, 9 Aug 2006 00:02:59 -0400

I am trying to obtain the correct average marginal effect for age and
its square. I am getting a strange error message after using svy:
probit, margeff,  and lincom, which says that "matrix has missing
values". After looking at the trace, I believe the problem is that the
e(V_srs) matrix is missing. Also, using an ordinary probit seems to
work. Does anyone know of a way to deal with this?

My code is:

use "";, clear
svy: probit heartatk height weight female black age age2
margeff, at(mean age=20 age2=0) replace
lincom age+2*20*age2

Dimitriy Masterov