st: value labels in output regression model

From   "raoul reulen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: value labels in output regression model
Date   Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:18:32 +0100

Hi ,

If I create an ordinal variable which has several categories (1,2,3,4
etc) and add value labels to the values. For example, 1=group1,
2=group2 etc. , why doesn;t STATA show these value labels when I use
the variable in a regression model as a dummy/indicator variable?

So for example if I run the model:

xi:reg X1 i.var1

then STATA doesn't use the value labels in the ourput for var1. Is it
possible to show the value labels of the variable in the output?

Thanks

Raoul