Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: value labels in output regression model

From   "raoul reulen" <>
Subject   st: value labels in output regression model
Date   Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:18:32 +0100

Hi ,

If I create an ordinal variable which has several categories (1,2,3,4
etc) and add value labels to the values. For example, 1=group1,
2=group2 etc. , why doesn;t STATA show these value labels when I use
the variable in a regression model as a dummy/indicator variable?

So for example if I run the model:

xi:reg X1 i.var1

then STATA doesn't use the value labels in the ourput for var1. Is it
possible to show the value labels of the variable in the output?