Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: ??: Handling string data

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: ??: Handling string data
Date   Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:01:27 +0100

This isn't so. Simpler solutions using -strpos()- (or -index()-)
and -regexm()- were suggested promptly after the question
was posted. There is no need to go outside Stata, or to
use other software which the questioner may not even have access to.