st: question about weights

From   "Allen Glicksman" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: question about weights
Date   Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:40:28 -0400

I was wondering if there is any way to combine different types of weights in the same analysis.  I have already contacted Stata and read the manuals, and am assuming the answer is no, but just in case I thought I would ask the list.

I have a couple of data sets that include individual and household variables.  For example, in IPUMS (the individual level Census sample) there are individual level variables (country of birth) and household variables (linguistic isolation).  There are separate weights for individual level variables and household level variables as well.  If I wanted to use both variables in a regression analysis for example, is there a way of using the weights for each variable?

Thanks,

Allen Glicksman

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and then delete the email and any attachment from your system.  Thank you for your cooperation.
<<<< >>>>