Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: RE: Power Point Presentation with Stata

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Power Point Presentation with Stata
Date   Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:36:08 -0400

On Aug 2, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Nick Cox wrote:

I don't think _all_ the LaTeX-based presentations
used beamer, but it seems to have more bells and
whistles than some of the alternatives.
A summary (admittedly incomplete) of various LaTeX presentation tools is available at <>. Based on recent conference participation and discussions on LaTeX-oriented discussion lists, I would venture that, in addition to beamer, the following packages are also relatively popular and/or popular:

powerdot: <>
ppower4: < ppower4/>
prosper: <>
TeXPower: <>

For the 1/2 of the presenters using [Power|Mac]Books that Kit mentioned, I have also found the combination of Keynote and LaTeXiT to be convenient and useful -- nicely leverages the native PDF-output of Stata on Mac OS X!

-- Mike

* For searches and help try: