RE: st: SUMMARY EXPLANATION

From   "KARTEY John (GSL)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: SUMMARY EXPLANATION
Date   Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:53:36 -0000

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for the explanation given. I think, l'm okay with your
clarification.

Best Regards,

John.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 12:47 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: SUMMARY EXPLANATION

At 08:28 AM 7/31/2006, KARTEY John (GSL) wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I am a beginner in stata version 8 and came across the summary below in
>one of my researches. Can somebody out there help me in the vivid
>explanation of the summary below?
>
>Thanking you very much in advance.

Looks to me like the average person has 15.5 children, they have an average
height of 114 inches (9.5 feet) and weigh between 15 & 30 pounds, and were
born somewhere around 10 a.d.  :)

Seriously, they are just summary statistics and could have been generated by
any number of programs.  If you don't know what they mean then just look in
any intro stats text book or see the help for the summarize command.  This
has the look and feel of a "homework problem" which may make people
reluctant to answer it, so if not you might clarify why you are interested.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX:    (574)288-4373
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]